We help you set clear goals for your project and achieve them through beautiful design, simple code and clever marketing strategies.

It’s time for an update on our SEO project. This month we’ve had some ups and downs, had to make some difficult decisions about project pegasus, but are overall quite happy with how things are going.

Let’s take a look at each project individually.

Project Mercuri

This is the second month project Mercuri has been online (the first full month). This is what we’ve been doing on project Mercury this month:

Current state

Even though project Mercuri is still not receiving any organic traffic, we were happy to see that Google has started to pick up our content and seems to be learning more about the site. We are still not out of the sandbox period by any stretch of the imagination, but we see Google has started ranking our content (still way down in the SERPS) for many of our desired keywords, plus a lot of synonyms, which means Google clearly understands the niche that we are in.

Search console graph showing how Google has recently started picking up on project’s Mercuri content and is starting to experiment with showing us on the SEPRS

What’s next

At this point keep publishing content regularly is our main focus. To do that, this month we hope to achieve the followings:

Project Sinope

Project Sinope didn’t come easy, but in the end we managed to launch it. This month we did the following:

Current state

We only started publishing content on project Sinope around two weeks ago, so for now we are happy to see 5 URLs have already been indexed by Google.

What’s next

For the next month we plan to:

Project Pegasus

This month we did some brainstorming about project Pegasus. We even chose a niche and developed a brand for it. However, we realised we could turn project Pegasus into a complement to another project we are involved with. So we’ve decided to put project Pegasus on hold for now until we can further explore that path. We want to be sure Pegasus is a good match for this other project, and have to asses how much more work it would take to run it this way, in terms of time and resources!

Whatever happens, we’ll keep you posted!

It’s been 1 month since we announced our plan to launch 3 different SEO case study projects, so it’s time for an update.

Project Mercuri

Project Mercuri is the first of the three project we’ve been focusing on. During the last month we have:

The results

The challenges

The only thing about project Mercuri that is not working exactly as expected at this point is the indexing speed. So far only 2 informational articles and 1 product have been indexed. We know indexing can be slow this days, specially for a brand new website, but still, we would be lying if we said we were not expecting a few more articles to have been picked up by Google at this point.

What’s next

For the next month we plan to:

Project Sinope

Now that project Mercuri is set up, project Sinope will be the second site we focus on. We have done no work on project Sinope during the month of August, so there is nothing to report yet. But here is what we plan to accomplish during September.

Project Pegasus

Project Pegasus remains unexplored. As soon as Project Sinope is up and running, we will start brainstorming about possible topics for project Pegasus.

The summer break is a great time to relax, but for us it is also a great opportunity to get our creative juices flowing outside of the office and come up with new ideas.

Our debate this summer revolved around the topic of SEO, a service which clients request more from us every year.

Even though all brands, big or small, probably understand the power of SEO and how their business could benefit from it, the truth is many have questions and are often skeptical. The fact that SEO is a marathon and not a sprint makes a lot of people uncomfortable, as the correlation between effort and result is often not obvious, and definitely not immediate.

Despite our best efforts to help the brands we work with understand the basics of SEO and set expectations, we sometimes find the journey to be a bumpy ride, full of ups and downs, budget cuts, pauses, etc.

Let’s face it, explaining SEO fundamentals, setting expectations, justifying budgets, etc. is a good start, but nothing beats results. A case study with real numbers and regular progress reports can be worth a thousand pitches, and several case studies can show the potential to repeat the process and achieve results on different niches and conditions.

So, we’ve decided to put our money where our mouth is. Starting in August 2022 we are going to launch 3 projects which we will attempt to grow for the next 12 months through SEO alone. Each project will be different in niche, goals, even in language, and for each we will develop and implement a 12 months SEO strategy. Each project will be code-named, but we will share all the relevant information for anyone to be able to track our progress during this challenge.

We will be publishing a monthly report with an update on each of the 3 projects. Post published, length, strategies implemented, keywords rankings and progress, and more.

So without further ado, let us introduce our three new SEO projects:

Project Mercuri

Project Mercuri will be an ecommerce website developed in English, which we will attempt to grow through long tail keywords and product specific keywords.

Project Sinope

Will be a blog-like website developed in English. For this particular site our goal is not only to gain as much organic traffic as possible but also for this traffic to be mainly from the US and Canada.

Project Pegasus

Project Pegasus will be a blog-like website developed in French. Project Pegasus will attempt to gain organic traffic through a combination of evergreen and trendy keywords.